Everywhere has its spring wildflowers but I am really savoring the variety of color in Colorado. With ample winter and spring moisture this year any mountain meadow, roadside or break in the trees reveals a new splash of color.
Birding has been fun along the way. I was hoping to catch more local specialties but have seen plenty of good birds—although I wouldn’t call any sighting a bad bird. In a half hour hike around campground this morning I had a list of 12 birds. We are especially enjoying the Broad Tailed Hummingbirds. They are unmistakable not by sight but by the loud high-pitched sound of their wings—and they are fearless.
We hiked for a couple of hours this morning then went off to a Colorado Springs popular waterfall named Seven Falls. We made it up the 234 steps to the top of the falls just for the fun
of it and so we could say we did it!! Then it began to rain which quickly ended our outing. First rain of the trip. So we decided to take the opportunity to find a theater and see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Unfortunately while we were in the theater the shower turned into a storm and we came back to the RV to find that the wind had broken the canopy and it was blown down across the door. We were able to struggle and at least get it rolled up so we could get in the door before the next round of rain started. We’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see if Will can repair it or. . .not.
Birding has been fun along the way. I was hoping to catch more local specialties but have seen plenty of good birds—although I wouldn’t call any sighting a bad bird. In a half hour hike around campground this morning I had a list of 12 birds. We are especially enjoying the Broad Tailed Hummingbirds. They are unmistakable not by sight but by the loud high-pitched sound of their wings—and they are fearless.
We hiked for a couple of hours this morning then went off to a Colorado Springs popular waterfall named Seven Falls. We made it up the 234 steps to the top of the falls just for the fun
No comments:
Post a Comment