The RV stayed parked for two nights in El Paso. Was nice to sleep in a bit this morning. We got up and found a Dennys for breakfast and then joined a very welcoming local church for morning services.
If I were biking this section, I would simply stop biking at the west end of El Paso and pick up the trail once thru the city. But obviously my logic doesn't work for them because I drove Will back to his stop point this afternoon so he could do the 40 mile loop through the city.
If I were biking this section, I would simply stop biking at the west end of El Paso and pick up the trail once thru the city. But obviously my logic doesn't work for them because I drove Will back to his stop point this afternoon so he could do the 40 mile loop through the city.
I had time to check out the Mission Trail southeast of town. Three
restored old mission churchs with histories dating back to 1680 are quite amazing. And all three are still working parish churchs. Jay and I checked out the pool and a variety of Sunday afternoon sports on cable tv.
San Elizario Chapel Mission
1 comment:
Hi Will & Linda.
I have been following your adventure. It looks like a great trip. I have had a cross country bicycle ride on my "things to do before I die" list for several years. I just can't seem to dedicate 6 weeks to do it. Jan has made it clear that she doesn't want to drive an RV across the country alone. I need to figure a way around that problem. I am working hard on training for the tour again. I am enjoying your trip. My butt hurts for you now and then. Keep it up.
Craig and Jan Littlefield
Post a Comment